Libertarian Party of Brevard County – Business Meeting Agenda
*This draft agenda is subject to approval by the voting membership.
Meeting to be held on 2/21/2022
Cape Royal Professional Business Center
1980 N Atlantic Ave Second Floor, Cocoa Beach
- Sign in
- Call to order
- Officer Roll Call
- Determination of quorum (75% of Executive Committee or 25% of all voting members)
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of the minutes from January 2022 Business Meeting
- New Business
- “Right to Clean Water Charter Amendment” presented by Speak Up Titusville
- Motion 2022-01 – Motion to Endorse the “Right to Clean Water Charter Amendment” and accompanying resolution. (Appendix A)
- Officer Reports and 2022 Goals
- Vice Chair
- Director At Large
- Dean Roberts – SM Direct
- Motion 2022-02: Annual Audit and LPF Reaffiliation (Appendix B)
- Motion 2022-03: 2022 Annual Budget (Appendix C)
- Motion 2022-04: 2022 Golden Liberty Gala (Appendix D)
- Discussion on Constitutional Carry Resolutions presented by Greg Peele
- LPF Report
- Convention Update
- Call for convention volunteers
- Rotary Park Cleanup with Tasha Cohen
- LPF Update
- Public Comment
- Notice & Announcement of Next Meeting
- Next Meeting Date & Location
- Next Social Date & Location
Appendix A (Motion 2022-01)
Appendix B (Motion 2022-02)
I move to approve the Libertarian Party of Brevard County 2021 Annual Audit as presented and to petition to reaffiliate as a county affiliate of the Libertarian Party of Florida.
Appendix C (Motion 2022-03)
I move to adopt the proposed 2022 annual budget that:
Projects recurring contributions of $275 per month for a total of $3,300;
Projects one-off contributions (excluding separately budgeted special events) of $1,000;
Therefore projecting a total contribution income of $4,300;
- Authorizes expending up to $75 / month on facility rental, backdated to January 1, 2022 for a cumulative proposed total expense of $900;
- Authorizes expending up to $100 in social media advertising;
- Authorizes expending up to $250 in tabling and event supplies as needed to support event;
- Authorizes expending up to $150 in event registration for the Independence Day parade;
- Authorizes expending up to $200 for renewing the USPS PO Box and purchasing mail supplies as needed for amilers to include envelopes and postage stamps;
- Authorizes expending up to $100 to purchase a physical credit card reader compatible with our Paypal or Stripe account;
- Authorizes expending up to $200 on printing to include business cards, flyers, and other printed materials as needed;
- Therefore authorizing total expenditures of up to $1,900;
Leading to a projected net operating income of $2,400 to be used for cash reserves or to authorize additional expenditures at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Appendix D (Motion 2022-04)
I hereby move to establish the 2022 Golden Liberty Gala and Election Night Watch Party on November, 8th 2022, Election Day in Brevard County.
To approve an expense up to $600.00 as a non-refundable deposit in order to acquire the Nyami Nyami River Lodge at Brevard Zoo for that night.
To Establish a Special Committee named Gala committee to plan and organize this event.
This special committee shall provide reports at each monthly formal meeting henceforth and be set to dissolve immediately following their after action report presented at the next formal meeting following the 2022 Golden Liberty Gala, and to name Mari Peele as chair of that special committee and give them the power to recruit and add volunteers to that committee as they see fit.