Libertarian Party of Brevard
Meeting held on 11/15/2021
Cape Royal Professional Business Center
1980 N Atlantic Ave Second Floor, Cocoa Beach
- Call to Order
The regular business meeting of the Libertarian Party of Brevard County, Fl. was called to order at approximately 6:54 PM by Chair – Brian Fleming
Executive Committee: Brian Fleming –Chair, Mari Peele -Vice-Chair, Greg Peele – Treasurer, Rick Heffelfinger –Secretary, Nathan Slusher -Director-At-Large
Voting Members: Robert Klimkowski, Thai Heiler
Visitor:, Jennifer Keyser, Vincent Corrado.
Determination of Quorum (75% of Executive Committee or 25% of all voting members)
o Quorum was met
- Approval and Adoption of Agenda
o Motion to approve the agenda passed unanimously.
- Approval of the Minutes
o Motion to approve the minutes from the October 18, 2021 Business Meeting and October 25, 2021 Special Meeting passed unanimously.
- Officer Reports
Director At Large Report – Nathan Slusher
o Has been reaching out for candidates but to no avail.
Secretary Report – Rick Heffelfinger
o 8 eligible voters (5 EC, Rob, George, and Thai). 7 present at meeting.
o Request for campaign volunteers was placed on Facebook. No responses to date.
Treasurer Report – Greg Peele
o Total donations for last month: $2036.36
o Total Current Monthly Pledges: $283.98
o CY2021 to date: $5533.16
o Expenditures last month $1850.46
o Expenditures to date $4012.62
o $1500 in the black for the year
o Total balance of all accounts: $3,002.18 (not including $715 check from Osceola and $274.78 of uncleared checks)
o Gala income: $3275.62
o Gala Expenses: $3294.95
o Net Loss: $29.23
o 2021 4th Quarter Treasurer Report due January 10, 2022
o #launchliberty Twitter account that started in March. Up to 79 followers.
Vice Chair – Mari Peele
o Gala web link has been removed from web page.
o Photographs are anticipated next week.
Chair – Brian Flemming
o Gala after action items:
- Planning start 6 months out
- Make it an official committee. Create in January.
- Establish timeline by February.
- Establish Facebook advertising
- More auction item promotion
- Auction Item request for donation letters early. Have items at least one month prior to event.
- Stick to the timeline (someone to tag team with MC)
- Clarify food vs. Hors d’oeuvres
- Book venue earlier
- Determine sponsor/vendor well ahead of time
- Set RSVP deadline prior to catering deadline
- Future discussion – weekday vs. weekend.
- Missed opportunity- list for candidates not available, candidate forms/petitions
- Name tags/lanyards
- Obtain list of free event advertising
- Follow up with attendees who expressed an interest in volunteering.
o Marcos Marreno has resigned from Regions 9 and convention committee. Brian Stevens will move from Vice of convention committee and assume the chair position.
o Brian Fleming will assume the position of region 9 rep until next elections.
6. Unfinished Business:
State convention planning
o 25 thru 27 February 2022.
o LPF convention committee selected the LPBC Brevard site, Holiday Inn on Wickham, as the venue for the State convention.
LPBC convention planning.
o Current planning is to have it at Cape Royal 2nd floor.
o The convention will occur on Saturday, January 8, 2022
o There will be a Friday social. Location to be determined.
o There will be a Motion next month for catering after beach cleanup.
7. Notice & Announcement
o The next monthly meeting will be:
- Monday December 13th at 6:30pm
- Cape Royal Professional Business Center
1980 N Atlantic Ave 2nd floor
Cocoa Beach, Fl 32931
o No future Social planned
o Meeting adjourned at 8:46 PM (or thereabouts) by Chair – Brian Fleming
Minutes prepared by: Rick Heffelfinger