- Call to Order
The regular business meeting of the Libertarian Party of Brevard County, Fl. was called to order at 6:53 PM by Chair – Brian Fleming
Executive Committee: Brian Fleming –Chair, Mari Peele -Vice-Chair, Greg Peele – Treasurer, Rick Heffelfinger –Secretary, Nathan Slusher -Director-At-Large
Voting Members: Robert Klimkowski
Visitor:, Danielle Mial
- Determination of Quorum (75% of Executive Committee or 25% of all voting members)
Quorum was met
- Approval and Adoption of Agenda
Motion to approve the agenda passed unanimously.
- Approval of the Minutes
Motion to approve the minutes from the July 2021 Business Meeting passed unanimously.
- Officer Reports
Director At Large Report – Nathan Slusher
• Attended and spoke at the Brevard County and Titusville meetings.
• Toured the Mims water department in support of the Fluoride vote and posted a report on the Face book page.
• Continue to work party growth online.
Secretary Report – Rick Heffelfinger
• Currently have 7 eligible voters and 19 registered in our Mail chimp database.
• Contact information of all verified LP party members in Brevard County from the SOE database has been imported to Mail Chimp.
• Content of welcome email to be used for campaign to all registered Libertarians is currently under review by the Chairman.
Treasurer Report – Greg Peele
o Total donations for last month: $30.00 cash. $50.00 electronically
o Total Current Monthly Pledges: $150.00
o Expenditures last month $162.06
Banking Fees $2.31
Office Rental $159.75 (3 months)
o Total balance of all accounts: $1,488.02
• 2021 3rd Quarter Treasurer Report due on October 12th .
• Made a Fundraising post on Facebook.
• Started #launchliberty Twitter account in March. Up 14 followers since last report.
• Continue working to get Facebook approval for purchasing ads.
• Answered questions regarding political Campaign finance law arising from Face book podcast.
Vice Chair – Mari Peele
• Performing research for November Campaign Fund Raising event (Gala).
• Setup website for posting write-ups from Face book. Page will be called 321 Transparency. It will go live after some final tweeking and several articles are populated.
• Future effort required to continue to develop web content to support Gala.
Chair – Brian Flemming
• Visited potential Venues for State convention. Quotes have been requested.
• Communications have begun with LPF to coordinate getting LPBC events and other information up on the State webpage. The Chairman will contact the State Communication Committee to determine what actions LPBC can take to insure our information continues to flow.
• Keep Brevard Beautiful has still not gotten back about adopting a park.
• Chairman has a goal to get text messaging setup by September.
- Unfinished Business:
• Chili cookoff has been punted to Region 9
• State convention planning
• 25 thru 27 February 2022.
• Vote will occur on August 27th.
• Potential venues have been visited and quotes are in work. One quote has already been shared with the State Convention committee.
• LPBC convention planning.
• Current planning is to have it at Cape Royal 2nd floor. The Chairman will contact the building manager to discuss availability.
• November Campaign Fund Raising event Planning.
• The theme will be the Golden Liberty Gala
• The first milestone of selection a venue needs to occur during this meeting in order to meet schedule.
• To achieve the first milestone, the Director-At-Large presented 3 venue options (1) Indian River Queen paddleboat (2) Victory Casino boat (presented by Danielle) (3) Brevard Zoo
• Cost, capacity, amenities, catering, and pro’s and con’s were discussed for each.
- New business
• Motion 2021-08: Motion to select and fund venue for November 2021 Campaign Fundraising Event
Mover: Nathan Slusher
Motion: I move to allocate a cost of $909.50 to be paid to Brevard Zoo to retain their venue to use for the Libertarian Party of Brevard County fundraising event hosted in November 2021. And to allow the treasurer and chair to review and sign all necessary documentation for that venue acquisition.
• Disposition: Seconded by Mari Peele and passed unanimously.
- Notice & Announcement
• The next monthly meeting will be:
o Monday September 20th at 6:30pm
o Cape Royal Professional Business Center
1980 N Atlantic Ave Suite 330
Cocoa Beach, Fl 32931
• No future Social planned
- LP/LPF News
- Summary/Action Item List
• Contact the State Communication Committee to determine what actions LPBC can take to insure our event information continues to flow.
• Contact the Cape Royal building manager to discuss availability of 2nd floor for LPBC convention.
• Reserve the Brevard Zoo venue for the Libertarian Party of Brevard County fundraising event in November 2021
• Meeting adjourned at 8:45 PM (or thereabouts) by Chair – Brian Fleming
Minutes prepared by: Rick Heffelfinger